A Look At The Perceptual Process And Beliefs
What is perception and what is perception versus reality? It is because of the perceptual process that you become aware of the world around you. Perceiving is one of the brain’s two primary functions. The other is determining how you act in response to what you perceive.
Your perception of your environment is influenced by your past experiences, your beliefs and expectations. This is why each person’s perception of reality is different. By changing core beliefs, you can change the way you perceive the world around you.
In this section you can also learn about the link between perception and behavior. Read about how positive thinking can help you change dysfunctional beliefs. Changing core beliefs and challenging your existing perceptions is the hero’s journey you need to take to manifest your reality in accordance with your deepest wishes.
Learn about the definition of perception and how your perception of the world around you shapes your experience of life. Discover what aspects of perceiving you can influence to shift your experience of reality. The perceptual process is one of the oldest fields of study in social psychology. Sensory perception is a passive process. In every moment your sensory organs are processing your environment without your conscious awareness or effort.
What is your perception of change? Many of us hold the belief that change is difficult. This locks us into a pattern of catastrophic thinking. We have the perception that any change is going to be bad. Yet, as Buddha taught us; everything is changing form constantly. Which means that to be alive is to be forever evolving. To fear change is to fear life itself. By exploring the true nature of change, you will be able to start seeing it as a positive.
Unless you believe that you are truly worthy of your deepest desires, you won’t be able to attract or manifest them. A feeling of unworthiness is simply a tactic employed by the ego to stop you from making big and bold changes in life. Why does the ego do this? Because its role is to protect you and the best way it knows how to do this is to keep you repeating yesterday. That’s why your ego often takes the voice of a conservative parent and instills fear in you.
What is responsibility? It is realizing that through your thinking, feeling and behaving, you are responsible for many of your life circumstances. It’s easy to fall into the trap of avoiding responsibility as we often mistake responsibility for forgiveness. But responsibility isn’t excusing another for their negligent actions, it is simply practicing your right to exercise more power over what you create by choosing how you respond in every moment.
What is your perception of yourself? Have you ever wondered what the cost is of not believing in yourself? If you have a low self-esteem, you feel unworthy. And when you feel unworthy, you push all of life’s goodness away from you, without even realizing it. Opportunities pass you by, good luck goes over your head and life’s blessings remain a mystery. Attracting greater prosperity into your life starts with learning to love yourself first.
What is your perception of reality and its causes? Learn another way to think about the meaning of perfection and how the Law of Cause and Effect is always working in your life to give you perfect results. If you want to change something in your life or manifest new realities, you need to consider what actions are causing your current results. Through positive thinking, you can cultivate new actions, habits and outcomes that will transform your life circumstances.
Is your destiny pre-written? Are you living into a plan that’s already in existence or do you have control, or even a say over who you’ll ultimately become? These questions plague every human being on a spiritual journey to greater fulfillment. Your beliefs in this area will either inspire you to great action or leave you feeling hopeless. Understanding your perception on your life purpose will clarify your priorities and help you become your best self.
- Learning To Love Yourself First“Learning to love yourself first” sounds like a cliche. Often though, if you can really look at cliches there’s a kernel of wisdom to be devoured. And it’s very much the case with this one! Learning to love yourself first is critical for gaining self confidence and attracting success.
- The Definition Of FaithThe definition of faith, according to the Merriam Webster dictionary, is “A firm belief in something for which there is no proof.” Faith is complete trust. It is belief that a dream or goal you aspire to can be fulfilled, regardless of what current circumstances or events suggest is possible.
- How To Manifest AnythingIf you want to know how to manifest anything, be prepared to reconsider everything. All of your dysfunctional beliefs need to be challenged. This process requires facing your fears head on. Overcoming fear is the key as right now your fears are like blocks for you.
- Catastrophic Thinking: The Reason Change Can Be So DifficultCatastrophic thinking is another trick of the mind that causes so many people to stay “stuck.” This kind of irrational thinking can effectively paralyze you and stop any progression in your life.
- You Guess It… You Manifest Your RealityYou manifest your reality… If you’re thinking this is crazy talk, I understand! To really grasp this concept required changing my core beliefs.
- The Definition Of PerceptionWhat is the definition of perception? Think of it as the process of becoming aware of the world around you through your senses.
- What IS Responsibility?What is responsibility? In the context of self development, responsibility, also known as self responsibility, is the acknowledgment that you, through your thinking, feeling and behaving, are in control of how you experience life. For many people, becoming truly responsible requires changing core beliefs.
- What Is My Life Purpose?What is my life purpose? We all want to feel that we’ve been created for a purpose, that life has a bigger meaning than the mire of everyday routine.